2,083,333 cups of coffee are consumed every 5 minutes. You might even be having one right now, before you take another sip have a read about how it can benefit you.
According to Medical News Today, an increasing number of studies suggest that there is more to this aromatic cup of goodness, aside from helping you kick-start your day.
- A cup of black coffee (without milk or cream) only contains about 2 calories.
- Its a source of antioxidants, number one in the U.S.
- Coffee may protect against type 2 diabetes by affecting SBHG, testosterone and estrogen, the hormones that play a role in its development.
- Coffee may help prevent Parkinson's disease with a higher consumption linking it to a lower incidence of the disease and may help control movement of its sufferers.
- Coffee may lower the risk of liver cancer by about 40%. Some suggest three cups a day would lower it further to 50%.
- Coffee may help prevent liver disease and lower the incidence of cirrhosis, especially alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Coffee in moderation may protect against heart failure. A survey showed that those who drank four European cups daily lowered their risk of heart failure by 11%.
- Coffee may reduce stroke risk. A study of 83,269 Japanese aged 45 to 74 years old were studied, the daily coffee drinkers had a 20% lower risk of stroke.
- High coffee intake may help against prostate cancer with results indicating that men who drank 4 or more European cups a day had a 59% reduced risk of recurrence and/or progression than those who had a cup or less a week.
But wait, there’s more. What about the benefits of drinking organic coffee?
- Organic coffee won’t leave chemicals in your body. They are from plants that were grown without pesticides, herbicides, chemicals or hazardous fertilizers. Its beans are grown without any induction or chemical process and the coffee is prepared with no refining or other processes.
- Organic coffee contains vital minerals including magnesium, chromium and potassium in large quantities.
- Organic coffee boosts metabolism and burns fat cells.
- Antioxidant infused organic coffee repairs damaged cells, fights against free radicals and helps you stay young.
Here at the Escarpment Retreat & Day Spa, in our breakfast dining room, we offer a rich dark 100% Arabica bean coffee in bottomless cups.
In the villas we have available a Nespresso machine available with a choice of mild or strong pods.
Tip: Mt Tamborine is blessed to have it's own organically grown Mount Tamborine Coffee Plantation just a stone's throw from the Escarpment Retreat. It is moderately low in caffeine and sweet with a light caramel flavor. This local mountain favourite is made with high quality beans, picked and processed by hand and roasted daily. Make sure you enjoy a cup or two when you visit Mt Tamborine. Their shop also sells it by the bag and will grind it for you at no extra cost.